SportUP Gold Coast Competition Manager
Want to help start Brisbane’s largest social sports club on the Gold Coast?
- Imagine a world where you socialise with people, make new friends and get to play social sport… and get paid for it.
- If this sounds like your dream job then learn more about becoming the new face of SportUP Gold Coast.
- In this role you will be helping to start new social sport competitions on the Gold Coast, working directly with Sam Bass, the Founder of SportUP.
- Our mission at SportUP is to help busy young professionals banish boring weeknights by playing social sport together with friends old and new. We aim to help you return to work tomorrow less stressed, with a smile on your face, a story to tell and something to look forward to next week.
- SportUP is a bit different from your standard competitions as you can enter a team with your old mates or you can join as an individual and meet new mates. Perfect if you are new to the city or just want to meet more people.
- Plus we put the social back into social sport with off field social events every season like Bubble Soccer, Pub Trivia, Oktoberfest and Camping trips etc.
- We think this is more important than ever as more and more people in our city are feeling lonely and isolated and we want to bring fun endorphin releasing social sport back to people’s work weeks. For an hour or so a week, turn Netflix off, stop swiping on Tinder and SportUP your week!
- Sam Bass founded SportUP 6 years ago after he moved to Brisbane as a football mad player but couldn’t find any teams to join. What started with a friendly game with one other player Wilson, has grown into helping 5,837 people having played Netball, Basketball, Soccer or Touch Footy in Brisbane with us.
- We have also expanded to the Sunshine Coast with SportUP Sunshine and we have 1,240 members on the Sunshine Coast.
- You love people! You have been described as approachable, outgoing and fun.
- You love talking to people and connecting with people over phone/email/social media comes naturally to you.
- You love sport! You have a natural excitement to live and breathe sport with a big smile on your face.
- You ideally have knowledge of one or a variety of sports (Netball, Basketball, Soccer and Touch Football)
- You love finding solutions to a variety of things each day in order to make our comps run like clockwork.
- You figure stuff out by yourself and get a kick out of ensuring things run so smoothly that people say ‘wow’.
- You are excited to use your marketing skills to help let more people discover social sport and its benefits.
- You love the autonomy to build your own working week, be your own bass and manage your own time.
We would love to offer you:
- The challenge to help more Gold Coast locals discover SportUP each season.
- Part time position from 12pm-8pm for 3 days per week with potential to become full time.
- Experience running multiple venues around Gold Coast.
- Small fast growing company with 2 person team so you will work solo on the coast and occasionally directly with the founder Sam.
- No two days the same, the chance to work on a different part of the business every day.
- The chance to build a wide variety of sales, marketing and administration skills required to run competitions.
- Opportunity for self motivated person to earn bonuses for reaching team number goals every 12 weeks season.
Plus these little perks:
- Opportunity to play any of our sports for free plus get access to our fitness classes with yoga, pilates and bootcamps.
- Access to all our social events in Brisbane and Sunshine Coast.
- Opportunity to wear anything you like to the office plus get your own SportUP branded shirts and hoodies.
- Skip the commute and work from home on Fridays.
- BYO dog to our co-working space on the Gold Coast.
- Your own transport and drivers licence
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- Must love dogs :)
Nice to haves:
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Experience in sales/account management
- Experience in social media/digital marketing/community management
Fill out your application below as soon as possible and we will keep you updated with the start date of our Gold Coast position. Position is scheduled to start in September.
Please note due to the number of applications we receive, only applications through the SportUP website application form will be considered.